Family Verse

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:3-5

Friday, July 22, 2011

Catching a Glimpse

I was thinking last night and something hit home with me. Simple little things can brighten up the life of our children. Something so easy as teaching them how to make something that needs to be made (cookies) can have a lasting impact on their lives. For me, it seems as if I have been baking forever. I don't even remember my mom teaching me, I just remember always knowing how. Growing up it was one of my favorite pass times. I had plenty of ready samplers in my home with 5 brothers and their friends! A tasty treat never lasted long at our house. Recently, my oldest brother was remembering how our mom always had something warm and homemade waiting for us when we got home from school. I thought it is time for me to let my apples experience the joy of creating something they can eat. So today when the oldest asked if she could make something for breakfast, I sat back and let her do it and was amazed at how much she could already do on her own. Something so simple as that was able to bring both of us so much joy. These are the moments when God lets me see and feel the joy of being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment