Family Verse

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:3-5

Friday, December 17, 2010

Looking Back Over the Year of 2010

So I guess when I think back over this year, one of my major goals was trying to capture memories. I want my girls to remember there childhood and not have huge blank spaces of time where nothing can be recollected, like I do. I think my biggest fear is they will wonder what they did or why they did something and then I won't be here for them to ask questions. Either that or I won't be able to remember to fill in their blanks! I had apple #4 in the beginning of 2009 and so that year was crazy and I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted. Needless to say, her first year does not have the month by month photo's as her sisters do. So when 2010 came and she turned 1, I was determined to not let another year go by with only a smidgen of pictures. After all, she is amazingly adorable! Well, OK, they all are!!! We purchased a new camera and then because I didn't know how to use it, it pretty much just sat in the case. Then in the spring I went to a one day event at my mother-in-laws church and I took a small 1 hour photo class and my desire to be a great photographer and capture beautiful, unique images of my girls was born. So I took a 6 week course from the same photographer, started reading blogs by other photographers and ended up taking somewhere between 2000-3000 photos over the second half of the year. I am pretty sure that is more than all the photos I have taken between Apple #1 and Apple #4 were born. We then had the same photographer take our family photos, since that hadn't been done in a few years. Finally I have put up a photo gallery in our family room to randomly display some of my handwork. This blog has also been a goal and though I started the initial page last May, I think, this is my first post. I am not computer savvy to say the least, so the main reason I haven't done much is I can't figure out how to get pictures and all the cute stuff on my page like other bloggers. Again, another work in progress. But I know I need to start writing out some of the funny, not so funny and well, memories of my apples before they start withering and turning brown! So here is to the beginning of making my goals reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment